The Valorant comp queue is broken today, and Riot Games has shared the update time for Episode 6 Act 1 as well as sharing the patch notes.
Riot Games’ next update is really exciting. A new cinematic trailer for Revelation has been shared on the game official Youtube channel, there is a lot to expect including a new battle pass from demos.
The competitive scene is not active at the time of writing, but soon we will all be able to enjoy the brand new content that Riot Games has to offer.
What time does Valorant update?
The update and maintenance time for Valorant today is 06:00 Pacific Time and 09:00 Eastern Time on January 10th.
This was confirmed to NA on Riot Games status website. For the EU, the stop is scheduled for 20:00 PST on January 10, which should translate to 04:00 GMT in the UK on January 11.
The Valorant comp queue is disabled
The Valorant comp queue has been disrupted today on January 10th in preparation for Episode 6 Chapter 1.
Remember, the new law means there will be a soft reset. per instructions on reddityou will be required to play some placement game which does not affect RR, and once it is over you should expect to be lower than your previous rank.
It’s a soft reset which basically means your rank and MMR are lowered a bit, but you should be able to easily move up to your previous position during the new season.
Here are all valiant verbs that each have three levels:
Valorant Episode 6 Act 1 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for Valorant Episode 6 Act 1 (via press release):
- Reworked the way rifles handle zoom inputs for ADS and scopes when using toggle zoom. There should now be fewer cases that can lead to zoom differences between client and server under adverse network conditions such as packet loss and ping fluctuation. In addition, zoom inputs can now be stored when the zoom was used earlier than before and multiple zoom level transitions can be stored simultaneously.
- Omen’s Dark Cover (E) located inside walls will now drop to nearby floor height.
New map: Lotus
- Lotus is a new map with 3 locations that offers a variety of rotation options. Discover the secrets behind the doors of these ancient ruins.
- Please note that only the Lotus Queue will be playable in quick play mode for one week and then transition to competitive and non-rated map rotation in patch 6.1.
- Main: The first melee area has been enlarged for attackers and a small ledge has been added for melds. The reinforcement square next to the globe has been reduced to give attackers a new looking position.
- rafters: The bottom area has been removed, making it easier to handle as a striker.
- horoscope: The rear of the turret was flattened to facilitate fighting on slopes for both teams.
- middle: Players can now silently drop the middle platform. The trick jump on the middle box has also been removed for simplicity.
- Tower B: Defender side jump box has been removed to simplify space.
- b rope pocket: The tricky corner is flattened here to make spot cleaning easier.
- Breeze and Bind have now been removed from competitive and non-ranked map rotation, but can still be played in all other modes.
- Loop reset: A new episode means a tidy reset! Expect your ranking to be lower than it was at the end of Episode 5, and good luck with your climb!
- For all players: Rank gains and losses will depend more on win/loss, and a little less on the exact round differential of the match.
- For players whose ranks are far from MMR: Class rating gains will depend more on individual performance, rather than round differential. You should also see your rank and MMR converge faster.
- Added the ability to prefer specific variants of your weapon skins (along with some UX/UI changes to better support this). Now, when you prefer a particular variable, only your preferred ones will go into the
Possible set of weapons that you can use in the game if you equip the preferred weapon of this type of weapon. Upon release, your favorite weapon skins will now contain all of your favorite unlocked variants to maintain consistency with current behaviour.
- Odin’s ammo belt will no longer appear visually in portrait mode when switching gun buddies in Model Viewer.
- rise of: Fixed a bug when breaking a door in the market using an ability on the wall next to it.
- Fixed a bug where Cypher’s Trapwire (C) could be placed across the Sage’s barrier orb (C).
- Fixed things like traps that didn’t take damage if placed in already active Molotov cocktails.
- Fixed a bug where you could see Skye’s Seekers (X) on the minimap while they were still invisible if you had line of sight to their hidden location.
- Fixed a bug where suppression would not correctly interrupt Fade’s Prowler (C) control.
- Fixed a bug where Viper was able to deactivate her ultimate, Viper’s Pit (X), while being suppressed.
- Killjoy’s Lockdown (X) now deals damage correctly from all abilities.
- Fixed Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) dealing damage to enemy Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) and Sova’s Owl Drone (C).
- Fixed Sova’s Hunter’s Fury (X) and Breach’s Aftershock (C) not taking damage to Raze’s Blast Pack (Q).
- Fixed Phoenix fire (C) dealing no damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q), Raze’s Blast Pack (Q), Reyna’s Leer (C), Sova’s Recon Bolt (E), and KAY / O’s ZERO / POINT (E).
- The stationary orbital strike of sulfur (X) does no harm to Harbor Bay (Q).
- Fixed the ricocheting shock of Breaching (C), Raze’s Showstopper (X) and Paint (E) projectiles, damaging Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C).
- Fixed Sova Hunter’s (X) rage dealing damage to the allied Fade’s Haunt (E).
- Fixed Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C), Phoenix’s Hot Hands (E), and Blaze (C) not dealing damage in Room Rendezvous (E) and Brand (C).
In other news, The Genshin Effect: When Will Fontaine Be Released? Release date and character leaks
Check the latest gaming news here.